Oil and Filter Replacement
Your engine depends on oil to function. By lowering friction, eliminating wear, lubricating metal engine parts, and creating a seal between the pistons, rings, and cylinder walls, it makes cooling possible. Without the cleaning action of fresh oil, the engine would be subject to the detrimental effects of carbon and varnish buildup.
Whereas, air filters help your car’s engine to last longer. These filters help maintain the proper balance of fuel consumption by preventing harmful items from getting to the engine and other crucial automotive components.
Signs your car needs an oil or filter change:
- Dashboard Reminder – The oil change light and engine light are the ideal places to look for any issues with the engine oil. If the oil level is low, both lights will turn on. Check the oil using a dipstick to confirm the issue. If the oil on the dipstick is dark brown, this is the signal that your engine is in danger.
- Grinding Noises – Engine knocking is a symptom that your oil level is not optimal and should be checked. When the engine is improperly oiled, the noise, which is a symptom that there is an emergency, is produced due to friction between the engine’s parts.
- Smell of Fumes and Oil – You should check your engine oil if you constantly smell oil when you get into your car. Oil leaking may be the reason for this. Your car may start to smell like fumes if it gets too hot.
- Smoke from Exhaust – Smoke emerging from your car’s exhaust pipe is another indication that you should change your oil.
- Dirty Air Filter- The easiest way to determine if you need a replacement for our filter is to open the bonnet and check if it looks dirty. A new and clean air filter is usually off-white in color, if it looks darker, you might need to replace it soon.
- Low Fuel Efficiency – As a result of the engine not receiving enough oxygen to operate efficiently, your fuel efficiency will decrease. The engine must burn a mixture of gasoline and air, and if the air is not present in the right proportions, the combustion process will not go as smoothly as it could. As a consequence of which, the engine’s fuel efficiency will suffer.
- Engine Misfiring – An incorrect combination of air and fuel is one of the causes of engine misfiring. When the air supply is limited, the amount of fuel in the mixture rises, making it difficult for the spark plugs to ignite the mixture properly. The engine twitches and misfires as a result. This issue might be resolved by changing the air filter.
- Reduced Horsepower – After using your car for a while, you get to comprehend it and detect when it performs unexpectedly. If your car isn’t responding as quickly to throttle commands as it once did, it’s likely that the engine isn’t getting enough air. The performance of the car can be improved simply by changing the clogged air filter with a new one.
What does our Oil and Filter Replacement service include?
- Removing the old filter and replacing it with a new one
- Draining the dirty motor/engine oil
- Refilling the oil
- Checkin for optimal oil levels
An Oil and Filter Replacement takes around 10-15 minutes depending on how often the routine maintenance has been done. Our mechanics will typically check the engine of your car after changing the oil to make sure everything is in working order, this may be an extra 10-15 minutes of your time.